Superbuild - location of the GIT clones

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Tue Aug 23 19:58:45 UTC 2011

On 08/22/2011 11:12 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 21 August 2011, Valentin Rusu wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Currently SuperBuild uses a "per main KDE component" directory structure
>> (kdebase, kdebindings, etc) each with it's own CMakeLists.txt. This file
>> will direct cmake to create a build directory for each of this
>> component. Each build directory has a Download sub-directory which
>> automatically receives a GIT clone of the necessary dependencies and the
>> main component's sources.
>>
>> This ends with a set of Build sub-directories holding git clones of KDE
>> (or non KDE, but necessary dependencies) sources. The layout of these is
>> not very intuitive IMO so if I want to work on the sources of one of
> Hmm, it is
> Sources/
>         kfoo/
>         kbar/
>         kblub/
>
> and next to it
>
> Build/
>       kfoo/
>       kbar/
>       kblub/
>
>> these components, I'll need to guess (or use find) to get the location
>> where these sources were downloaded.
>>
>> On the other hand, if we choose to use a Download directory directly
>> under the main SuperBuild directory, then it'll become very easy to see
>> what GIT repos we have and where are the sources we could work on.
>>
>> Any thoughts? Is it feasible? :-)
> I don't really understand.
> How would you like to have it ?
Say i'd like to have KDE custom built in /home/kde.
The sources I pull/clone from GIT in /home/kde/src.
So superbuild goes to /home/kde/src/superbuild

When SuperBuild makes GIT clones, I'd like it to put them into
/home/kde/src and not in
/home/kde/src/superbuild/<KDE module>/build/Source

When experimenting with SuperBuild.cmake, I put an option to
external_project_add like this:
SOURCE_DIR /home/kde/src/${_name}
And now I get all GIT clones in /home/kde/src

--

Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)