need help building Trunk

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sat Jul 31 00:54:26 CEST 2010

On Thursday, July 29, 2010 21:50:48 Aaron Peterson wrote:
> michael, I am posting that information at:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Kdesrc-build/workingrclist
>
> What distro are you using? and how do you have the prerequisites installed?

I use Gentoo. Honestly most of the dependencies are easy because of the way
Gentoo works, if I've installed kdelibs and Qt on Gentoo I already have most
of the dependencies by definition.

Other distributions usually have features to automatically install required
development packages for a given binary package though, so be sure to look at
that for your distro.

> I have decided to start writing a wizard to generate kdesrc-buildrc's
> dependant on what distro / prerequisites are installed and branch
> desired.
>
> ask what branch to use..
>  test if a few files exist, and their versions,
> check environment and ask where the user wants them installed.

If people end up finding that useful please let me know so I can link to it
from the kdesrc-build website. Good luck! :)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne