need help building Trunk

Aaron Peterson myusualnickname at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 02:25:31 CEST 2010

My first linux experience was with mandrake, then  a few geeks at the
lug had me set up with gentoo.. I think I did build KDE4 back then
once..  I would think that gentoo portage could be minorly modified
into a great development build system... just specify that my changes
to source should be treated as patches, and have alternate install
directories...

I wish it were that easy.

for a while, I thought apt could be used to build from sources, and
debian people were just not ridiculous with spending 20 hours to make
something 2 percent faster...