Buildsystem changes for KWin mobile

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Dec 6 22:38:58 CET 2010

On Monday 06 December 2010, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Sunday 05 December 2010 15:27:07 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Monday 29 November 2010, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > please keep me CC-ed as I am not subscribed. Thanks
> > >
> > > As you might know I am currently working on the OpenGL ES port of KWin
> > > and have some build system related questions.

> > > Oh and we need to find OpenGL ES. I use a script from Gluon and
> > > extended it to also find EGL. It would be nice if someone who is
> > > competent in this area could do it properly and maybe add it to kdelibs
> >
> > As a first step you could post it here :-)
>
> Hehe, right. I imported my work to a scratch repo yesterday, so you can
> find it at [1] The git log should also show the other changes I did to the
> build system
>
> > >  or better cmake directly.
> >
> > That's not a problem, it just needs a maintainer, i.e. somebody who cares
> > for it once it has entered cmake. This should be somebody who actually
> > uses this stuff and knows what it is about (i.e. not me).
>
> Same for me just the other way around. I just do not know enough about
> CMake and the other plattforms.

It's not that much that you need to know about cmake. I (or others) will
answer all your questions in this regard.
It's no problem if you (now) know only about one platform, bug reporters will
tell you about the other platforms :-)

> Martin
>
> [1]: http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/graesslin/kwin-
> gles.git/blob/HEAD:/cmake/modules/FindOpenGLES.cmake

* it should use the find_package_handle_standard_args() macro instead of
manually setting OPENGLES_FOUND
* the result variables of the find_library() and find_path() calls should be
mark_as_advanced()'ed
* also the find_path() call dhould use the new syntax (with "NAMES"
and "PATHS")
* check which search directories are necessary, i.e. not part of the default
set of search directories. E.g. /usr/lib and /usr/include are part of the
default search directories. You can have a look at
CMAKE_DIR/share/cmake-2.x/Modules/Platform/UnixPaths.cmake for this.

Beside that, this file looks quite straightforward, so it shouldn't be a
bigger problem to get this into cmake.