KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Sep 6 16:13:07 CEST 2009

On Sunday 06 September 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
> In data domenica 06 settembre 2009 15:57:59, Alexander Neundorf ha scritto:
> > Sure ? I don't see it.
>
> You are right. We replaced that macro with stubs some time ago and I
> completely forgot about it.

Cool :-)
So we even got rid of an unused macro which we otherwise would have to support
for all of KDE4 at least :-)

> Whatever, here comes FindPolkitQt.cmake without
> the macro, but featuring fixes (and license change). If this one's good for
> commit, I will commit files&fixes for kdelibs, then I'll do the same for
> kdebase. Could you please tell me the correct procedure to bump up the kde
> version? we definitely need to, after these changes

From the documentation in FindKDE4Internal.cmake:

#  This module allows to depend on a particular minimum version of kdelibs.
#  To acomplish that one should use the apropriate cmake syntax for
#  find_package. For example to depend on kdelibs >= 4.1.0 one should use
#
#  find_package(KDE4 4.1.0 REQUIRED)
#
#  In earlier versions of KDE you could use the variable KDE_MIN_VERSION to
#  have such a dependency. This variable is deprecated with KDE 4.2.0, but
#  will still work to make the module backwards-compatible.

So whatever svn module needs to current version, should then specify this
version in the find_package(KDE4) call as shown above.

I think this is something for a monday.