FindKDE4Internal.cmake and Nepomuk

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue May 12 21:23:15 CEST 2009

On Monday 11 May 2009, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> On Sunday 10 May 2009 01:08:48 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >
> > You mean kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindNepomuk.cmake, which is then later
> > used via find_package(Nepomuk)
> > in other KDE modules ?
>
> Exactly. Since nepomuk is part of kdelibs (even though still optional) IMHO
> it should be checked in FindKDE4Internal like all other libs.

> > > So... can you help me here a bit?
> > > Actually Nepomuk has Soprano as dependency. If that is not there it
> > > will not be compiled. Can that check be put into FindKDE?
> >
> > Hmm, no.
> > For a some generic KDE application it is as I understand not necessary to
> > check whether Soprano is available (if Soprano is only required for
> > _building_ Nepomuk).
>
> sure. makes sense. If some app needs Soprano it can perform the additional
> find_package(Soprano).
>
> > But we can just provide the Nepomuk (which is part of kdelibs) specific
> > information via FindKDE4Internal.cmake.
> > This would be the libraries and the include dir, right ?
> > Anything more than that ?
>
> No, that's it. libnepomuk is all. And the include dir is basically only the
> KDE include dir. Thus, AFAICS it is only the lib.
>
> Then we should be able to deprecate FindNepomuk.cmake

I just had a look, we have already KDE4_NEPOMUK_LIBRARY and KDE4_NEPOMUK_LIBS
(search FindKDE4Internal.cmake for "nepomuk").
So, nothing to do here ?
(the library target nepomuk is exported, with the additional prefix "KDE4__",
so the imported library target is named KDE4__nepomuk, and then the macro
_KDE4_SET_LIB_VARIABLES() sets the two variables to point to this imported
target (KDE4_TARGET_PREFIX is set in KDELibsDependencies.cmake, generated by
kdelibs/CreateKDELibsDependenciesFile.cmake ))