FindKDE4Internal.cmake and Nepomuk

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Mon May 11 08:08:46 CEST 2009

On Sunday 10 May 2009 01:08:48 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 April 2009, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
>
> You mean kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindNepomuk.cmake, which is then later used
> via find_package(Nepomuk)
> in other KDE modules ?

Exactly. Since nepomuk is part of kdelibs (even though still optional) IMHO it
should be checked in FindKDE4Internal like all other libs.

> > > I guess then it should be ok.
> >
> > So... can you help me here a bit?
> > Actually Nepomuk has Soprano as dependency. If that is not there it will
> > not be compiled. Can that check be put into FindKDE?
>
> Hmm, no.
> For a some generic KDE application it is as I understand not necessary to
> check whether Soprano is available (if Soprano is only required for
> _building_ Nepomuk).

sure. makes sense. If some app needs Soprano it can perform the additional
find_package(Soprano).

> But we can just provide the Nepomuk (which is part of kdelibs) specific
> information via FindKDE4Internal.cmake.
> This would be the libraries and the include dir, right ?
> Anything more than that ?

No, that's it. libnepomuk is all. And the include dir is basically only the
KDE include dir. Thus, AFAICS it is only the lib.

Then we should be able to deprecate FindNepomuk.cmake

Cheers,
Sebastian