KDE/kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat May 9 14:23:43 CEST 2009

On Saturday 09 May 2009, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Sune Vuorela wrote:
> >>
> >> Technically it's the same as when e.g. building plasma or khtml
> >> separately, so I'd like to handle it the same way.
> >> I.e. after find_package(KDE4) no additional
> >> find_package(khtml) should be necessary, but instead either
> >> if(KDE4_KHTML_FOUND) or if (KDE4_KHTML_LIBS) should be checked.
> >> Since also experimental can be built as part of kdelibs, I would
> >> prefer doing it the same way.
> >
> >I think you should treat it more like if it was a seperate module like
> >kdepimlibs.
>
> More than that. You have to treat "kdelibs experimental 4.3" as a module.
> Because "kdelibs experimental 4.4" is not enough to match.

Could you please elaborate a little bit more ?

Does this mean an application which wants to use it should do:

find_package(KDE4 REQUIRED)
find_package(KDELibsExperimental43 REQUIRED)
include_directories(${KDELIBSEXPERIMENTAL43_INCLUDE_DIRS})
etc. ?
I.e. do we need a Find-module specific for that version of
kdelibs-experimental with its own very specific set of variables ?
Will we have to maintain this for later KDE releases ?
I think we should keep at least the following FindKDELibsExperimental43.cmake
in later releases:
message(FATAL_ERROR "KDELibsExperimental43 is no longer supported, go fix your
stuff !")