KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Jan 15 01:37:21 CET 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 4:47:17 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> >> A reminder to everyone... non-trivial, non-obvious commits to
> >> kdelibs/cmake/modules should be reviewed on the k-c-d mailing list, just
> >> like any other commit into kdelibs.
> >
> > Hmm, we haven't really discussed how to handle it.
> > Should it be on k-c-d or on kde-buildsystem ?
> >
> > And we should announce the policy we come up with clearly.

Agreed.

I like people posting patches on kde-buildsystem for review.
Unless they are pretty basic and obvious.

But especially new FindFoo.cmake should come here first.

> Also, it would have been nice to announce something first, given that I
> was poking at this exact same bug (and discussing it here, on
> kde-buildsystem; see
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.buildsystem/4047).
>
> It seems my patch is no longer necessary. However it is a good thing
> Alexander said something here, or I would have been fiddling with a
> redundant patch.

Not really.  Alex noticed a bunch of problems with the Marcus Hufgard fix.
So there is still work to do in FindPulseAudio.

I suppose Marcus' fix will work ok for now, but it should be improved
according to Alex's comments.

-