Optional vs Required Dependencies

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Dec 15 16:17:17 CET 2009

On Tuesday 15 December 2009, Mike Arthur wrote:
> Would it be possible to make some of our required dependencies
into
>  optional ones and just not build the directories that require them?

We already do that quite a lot.

I assume you have some specific dependencies in mind,
because otherwise the answer is only "yes, we have both kinds of
dependencies already, see the output of cmake in a kde module".
I suggest that you tell us more about which required dependencies
you would like to see turned into optional ones.