Optional vs Required Dependencies

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 16:40:18 CET 2009

On 15 Dec 2009, at 15:17, David Faure wrote:

> We already do that quite a lot.
>
> I assume you have some specific dependencies in mind,
> because otherwise the answer is only "yes, we have both kinds of
> dependencies already, see the output of cmake in a kde module".
> I suggest that you tell us more about which required dependencies
> you would like to see turned into optional ones.

I should have phrased myself better. I guess I meant to ask a question: what makes something a required vs optional dependency? Obviously Qt is required but beyond that I'm sure you could compile some parts of KDELibs with nothing else and probably get something installable. Interested in your thoughts.

Thanks :)
--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur