Automated Unit tests for the Future

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Aug 11 21:55:11 CEST 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009, Andrew Manson wrote:
> On Thursday 06 August 2009 21:10:15 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Nevertheless having some big central machine ideally running a bunch of
> > virtual machines, i.e. one with Windows, with OSX, FreeBSD and Solaris
> > would be nice :-)
> > I guess this would mean an Apple server...
>
> Well on this point... if we had a CTest and CDash system we could set up a
> build bot that would submit the test results just like everyone else.

Yes, I mean for such a build bot an Apple server would be nice, since this can
run using virtual machines all operating systems we are interested in (AFAIK
OSX doesn't run in a virtual machine, does it ?)

> There
> must be some way to add a tag to the submitted test results to make them
> "official" results or something, i.e. set them apart from the test results
> submitted by regular people.

If you look here:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake
there's a section "Nightly Expected" and also a section "Nightly", i.e.
the "expected" ones are the "official" ones.