Preference for finding a kde module

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Oct 2 00:10:41 CEST 2008

On 01.10.08 23:59:51, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 October 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > recently I've been browsing a bit through the cmake manual of cmake 2.6 and
> > also having looked at automoc4 buildsystem a bit. I'm wondering now wether
> > its preferred to have FooConfig.cmake installed by a kde module or a
> > FindFoo.cmake? Or maybe both, where the latter tries to find the former in
> > a couple of "well known" places?
>
> Yes, I think your third option is what I would prefer: the package installs a
> FooConfig.cmake file with all the necessary information and macros, and then
> we need only a quite simple FindFoo.cmake to find and load this file.

Leaves me with two questions:
a) a simple find_file( FooConfig.cmake )+include( FooConfig.cmake ) is what
you mean with "simple FindFoo.cmake"? Why not leave that to cmake and
instead uses the Config-Mode of find_package?
b) If FindFoo.cmake is to be used, should this be installed by the module
Foo, or the modules Bar+Baz should both have a copy (or preferably move the
copies to a common dependency)?

In case you're wondering: I want to do a little cleanup on the modules I
maintain, since the two that provide libraries had FindFoo.cmake written
with CMake 2.4.5 in mind...

Andreas

--
Today is the first day of the rest of the mess.