Preference for finding a kde module

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Oct 1 23:59:51 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 01 October 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recently I've been browsing a bit through the cmake manual of cmake 2.6 and
> also having looked at automoc4 buildsystem a bit. I'm wondering now wether
> its preferred to have FooConfig.cmake installed by a kde module or a
> FindFoo.cmake? Or maybe both, where the latter tries to find the former in
> a couple of "well known" places?

Yes, I think your third option is what I would prefer: the package installs a
FooConfig.cmake file with all the necessary information and macros, and then
we need only a quite simple FindFoo.cmake to find and load this file.

> Does either of the two approaches make it easier for somebody to find a
> module that has been installed in a custom location?

I think this doesn't differ between those two, you should set
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, then both will find it.