does debian require cmake 2.6 for building KDE ?

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Wed Jul 9 22:41:04 CEST 2008

Hi Alex,

On Tue, Dec 31, 1996 at 10:00:00PM +0000, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > what does this post mean ?
> >

> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.rc/browse_thread/thread/770113add57f3b1/e6cc2f51c4a57cf3?hl=en&q=cmake#e6cc2f51c4a57cf3
> >
> > It contains
> > "For the record:
> >  kde4libs seems not to be building in hppa because it is still using cmake
> > 2.4, the build depends has been raised to > 2.6.0 so in the next upload it
> > won't build at all if cmake has not been updated yet."

Please, next time you have request about a mail I sent, please, CC-me I'm not
in this list.

> > Does debian now require cmake 2.6 for KDE ? Why ?
> >
> > "cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp//usr/share/man/man1/kdecmake.1': No such file
> > or directory"
> > And if this is the error, it shouldn't be a problem, if you build KDE with
> > 2.4, you will just not have the man page for the KDE cmake modules, not
> > nice, but no real problem.

I guess my mail could have been worded better. Clearly, if you look at the build log,
kde4libs builds in hppa with cmake 2.4, but it does not create kdecmake.1 that is
listed in our building system (debian packaging with cdbs) as a file that *must* be
installed. If the file is not there, the build fails.
Since I do not want stupidly having the hppa machine losing time until cmake
is updated there I made the package need cmake 2.6 in future uploads.

Ana