does debian require cmake 2.6 for building KDE ?

Sune Vuorela debian at pusling.com
Wed Jul 9 22:28:47 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 20:10:24 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what does this post mean ?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.rc/browse_thread/thread/77
>0113add57f3b1/e6cc2f51c4a57cf3?hl=en&q=cmake#e6cc2f51c4a57cf3
>
> It contains
> "For the record:
>  kde4libs seems not to be building in hppa because it is still using cmake
> 2.4, the build depends has been raised to > 2.6.0 so in the next upload it
> won't build at all if cmake has not been updated yet."
>
> Does debian now require cmake 2.6 for KDE ?

In our packaging, yes. CMake 2.6 is the available cmake version in debian,
except on architectures where it isn't built. CMake 2.6 is built on all
architectures except hppa, where it isn't built due to a bug in the
glibc/kernel version.

> Why ?

basically it simplifies the packaging to not look at the available cmake
version and differentiate the packaging.

> "cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp//usr/share/man/man1/kdecmake.1': No such file
> or directory"
> And if this is the error, it shouldn't be a problem, if you build KDE with
> 2.4, you will just not have the man page for the KDE cmake modules, not
> nice, but no real problem.

As cmake 2.6 should be available on all debian architectures, it is also no
real problem.
Keeping the packaging the same across the archs just simplifies stuff.

It unfortunately have the side effect of not having the kde packages available
on linux/hppa in debian, but with the current interest in hppa in general, I
don't consider that a big issue.

/Sune
--
How could I boot with a menu?

You should send the ISA clock of a display of a space bar.