changes to how kdepimlibs and kdebase/workspace are installed and found

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Wed Dec 10 00:09:20 CET 2008

Hello,

trečiadienis 10 Gruodis 2008, Alexander Neundorf rašė:
> FindKDE4Internal.cmake (this one we can change) can then load the
> target-export file. Which is right now in the same directory as itself. If
> it's in lib, it has to find it.

1) I would prefer this one. Load target exports from Config.cmake itself. If
you implemented pimlibs and workspace the same way, you would not need any
FindKdepimlibs and FindKDE4Workspace anymore.

In KDELibsConfig.cmake:

get_filename_component(_config_dir ${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_FILE} PATH)
include("${_config_dir}/KDELibsLibraryTargets.cmake")

FindKDE4InstalL.cmake:

find_package(KDELibs NO_MODULE)

2) Store configInstallDir in KDELibsConfig.cmake itself, then in
FindKDE4Internal.cmake:

find_package(KDELibs NO_MODULE)
include(${KDELIBS_CONFIG_INSTALL_DIR}/KDELibsLibraryTargets.cmake)

3) In FindKDE4Internal.cmake:

find_package(KDELibs NO_MODULE)
get_filename_component(_config_dir ${KDELibs_CONFIG} PATH)
include("${_config_dir}/KDELibsLibraryTargets.cmake")

2) and 3) are based on cmake docs:

"Since the file is provided by the package it already knows the location of
package contents. The full path to the configuration file is stored in the
cmake variable <package>_CONFIG."

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>