changes to how kdepimlibs and kdebase/workspace are installed and found

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Dec 9 23:23:00 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> antradienis 09 Gruodis 2008, Alexander Neundorf rašė:
> > The thing is, how do I find out from /opt/kde/share where my
> > corresponding lib/ directory is ?
>
> Why do you need to? If I'm not missing something, cmake itself should be
> able to do this for you. That's the whole point of those search paths in
> find_package(), isn't it?

If somebody does
find_package(KDE4)
it first finds FindKDE4.cmake from the cmake module directory.
This file uses kde4-config to find FindKDE4Internal.cmake. Up to here we
shouldn't (better: can't) change things.

FindKDE4Internal.cmake (this one we can change) can then load the
target-export file. Which is right now in the same directory as itself. If
it's in lib, it has to find it.