New target import

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Tue Dec 2 02:02:40 CET 2008

Alexander Neundorf schrieb:
> On Monday 01 December 2008, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just tried the new exporting mechanism in kdelibs trunk and I found
>> out that although the KDE libraries now don't have a fixed path anymore,
>> the Qt Libraries still have. Attached is an example.
>
> It's all libraries which are in the "link interface", which are mostly Qt
> libs, but I also saw e.g. kdewin32.
> These paths come from the full paths for the libraries used in
> target_link_libraries().
>
> I see the problem, but I'm not quite sure what to do about it.
> Some postprocessing ?
>
> What would you like to have exactly ?
> I mean, these libraries could be located anywhere, completely independent from
> the place where kde will be installed.
Well, the question is whether it would be possible to get relative paths.
This can either be achieved by postprocessing (not my favourite as cmake
is able to do this and as it will turn out to be buggy) or by using the
same relative path that is already used for the paths of the KDE
libraries (which would be my wish...)

> Alex
regards,
Patrick