problem with cmake 2.6RC6 and KDE 4

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Apr 14 21:06:42 CEST 2008

Brad King wrote:
> Dirk Mueller wrote:
>> I've switched to cmake 2.6 for dashbot
>> (http://ktown.kde.org/~dirk/dashboard/). The problem I have now is this:
>>
>> CMake Error at cmake/automoc/cmake_install.cmake:39 (FILE):
>>   file CHRPATH could not write new RPATH "/opt/testing/lib" to the file
>>   "/var/tmp/kdelibs-796689-build/opt/testing/bin/kde4automoc": No valid ELF
>>   RPATH entry exists in the file;
>
> I'm having trouble reproducing this.
[snip]
> How did you get to the situation reporting the error?  Was this a
> completely clean build and install tree, or was it an existing tree from
> CMake 2.4 that was upgraded?

Okay, it doesn't matter how to reproduce it.  The fix is the same.

I've committed changes to CMake HEAD in CVS to address this problem and
the one about removing the RPATH entry.  Before installing CMake now
checks if there is an existing binary that has the wrong RPATH and
removes it.  That will make sure the new copy from the build tree gets
installed and subsequently patched to update or remove the RPATH entry.

These fixes will be in the 2.6 release.

-Brad