problem with cmake 2.6RC6 and KDE 4

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Apr 14 19:25:53 CEST 2008

Dirk Mueller wrote:
> I've switched to cmake 2.6 for dashbot
> (http://ktown.kde.org/~dirk/dashboard/). The problem I have now is this:
>
> CMake Error at cmake/automoc/cmake_install.cmake:39 (FILE):
>   file CHRPATH could not write new RPATH "/opt/testing/lib" to the file
>   "/var/tmp/kdelibs-796689-build/opt/testing/bin/kde4automoc": No valid ELF
>   RPATH entry exists in the file;

I'm having trouble reproducing this.  If CMake sees that the installed
file should have an RPATH then it makes sure the build system puts a
placeholder RPATH in the built binary.  Then during installation the
built file is copied to the destination and the placeholder RPATH is
replaced.

Somehow your installed file is ending up with no RPATH entry.  Even if
it already existed with no RPATH before installation it should have had
a different file time than the to-be-installed file and therefore been
replaced with a copy that had a placeholder.

How did you get to the situation reporting the error?  Was this a
completely clean build and install tree, or was it an existing tree from
CMake 2.4 that was upgraded?

Thanks,
-Brad