Installed tests

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Tue Jun 19 11:56:32 CEST 2007

Le mardi 19 juin 2007, Andreas Pakulat a écrit :
> On 19.06.07 10:14:26, David Faure wrote:
> > On Monday 18 June 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > it seems my changes did have an unfortunate impact on installed tests.
> > > Two users reported an installing problem with kdelibs on IRC and it
> > > seems the problem is that knotifytest in knotify/test is installed. The
> > > problem is that the install() commands in the CMakeLists.txt are not
> > > guarded anymore.
> >
> > Why should knotifytest *ever* be installed?
>
> I have no idea, but it is including a rc-file. The svn log indicates
> that this was ported from automake. I'm CC'ing the original author
> Olivier Goffart.
>
> Olivier is there a particular reason why knotifytest needs to be
> installed? Or can the install-lines be removed from CMakeLists.txt in
> kdelibs/knotify/tests?

There is indeed no reason to install the binary of this test.  Anyway, the
knotifytest.knotifyrc must be installed in a proper location in order the
test to work.
But this file should not be installed in a non test environment because it add
unnecessary entry in the knotify control module. So maybe we can just disable
this test, and if one want to test, one need to install manually files