Installed tests

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 19 12:15:24 CEST 2007

On 19.06.07 11:56:32, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le mardi 19 juin 2007, Andreas Pakulat a écrit :

> > > Why should knotifytest *ever* be installed?
> >
> > I have no idea, but it is including a rc-file. The svn log indicates
> > that this was ported from automake. I'm CC'ing the original author
> > Olivier Goffart.
> >
> > Olivier is there a particular reason why knotifytest needs to be
> > installed? Or can the install-lines be removed from CMakeLists.txt in
> > kdelibs/knotify/tests?
>
> There is indeed no reason to install the binary of this test.  Anyway, the
> knotifytest.knotifyrc must be installed in a proper location in order the
> test to work.

Ok, that part can go then.

> But this file should not be installed in a non test environment because it add
> unnecessary entry in the knotify control module. So maybe we can just disable
> this test, and if one want to test, one need to install manually files

Ok, so the original problem still exists: Installing certain files when
building a test (or installing them with make install only if the test
was built before), without having to specify -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS. Any
ideas how/if this is possible with cmake

I think there may be quite some other things that are of the same form
(a rc or desktop file that needs to be installed for the test to work).

Andreas

--
You will inherit some money or a small piece of land.