*** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Providing FindFoo.cmake for a kde module "foo"

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jul 9 06:49:23 CEST 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>On 08.07.07 23:42:24, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> >So using kde4-config --path data as destination for
>> >FindKDevPlatform.cmake is not an option and neither is installing
>> >KDevPlatformConfig.cmake into <kdelibs>/lib/kdevplatform.
>>
>> Why not?
>>
>> $ kde4-config --path data
>> /home/thiago/.kde4/share/apps/:/home/thiago/KDE4/share/apps/
>> $ mkdir -p /tmp/kde4/share/apps
>> $ KDEDIRS=/tmp/kde4 kde4-config --path data
>> /home/thiago/.kde4/share/apps/:/tmp/kde4/share/apps/:/home/thiago/KDE4
>>/share/apps/
>
>Well, then you again need the KDEDIRS variable setup properly during
>compilation, which is not needed at the moment.

I don't see why that would be a problem. If you want the build to find all
KDE possible paths, you have somehow to tell it what those paths are,
right?

It could be a -D in cmake.

>> But, then again, if you have CMAKE_INSTALL_DIR set, just calculate the
>> installation point for applications out of there.
>
>Uhm, I'll have CMAKE_INSTALL_DIR of kdelibs as /usr and
>CMAKE_INSTALL_DIR of kdevplatform as $HOME/kdevplatform and
>CMAKE_INSTALL_DIR of kdevelop as $HOME/kdevelop so I don't see how
>knowing the install path of kdevelop helps during cmake time to find
>kdevplatform.

Oh, oops, you're right.

>As I tried to explain at the start: this is specifically about
>installing module's in different locations.

I think KDEDIRS is the best way.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358