Finding qmake

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Jan 6 19:08:27 CET 2007

Łukasz Jernaś wrote:
>Hello.
>
>I'm new to the list and KDE4, but as a long time KDE user I just had to
> check out trunk :)
>Sadly I've noticed two small errors which prevented kdelibs to build on
> my system (with distro Qt4 package - yes I know it won't built with it
> although it 4.2.2 but I just wanted to try :). CMake couldn't find
> qmake, because it's name is a little bit different from that in other
> distributions (I'm using PLD Linux Distribution) and also the qdbus*2*
> utils are localted elsewhere. The attached patch should fix it.

Distributions have to stop renaming qmake. By the end of the year, we'll
have 30 different permutations to detect. Couldn't they at least agree to
rename it to the *same* thing?

Łukasz, can you file a bug report against PLD and have them use one of the
names that distributions already use?

As for the qdbus*2* tools, your patch is not acceptable. $QTDIR is not to
be used. Once the correct qmake is found, we know where the tools are
because they are in the same dir (and moc is in the same dir too).

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358