There can be only one! (global.h)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Mar 5 21:41:07 CET 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 14:59, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Sunday, 5. March 2006 11:46, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > while compiling khtml/kjs with mingw I've met a problem:
> >
> > There are THREE global.h files,
> >
> > kio/kio/global.h   <- svn
> > kjs/global.h   <- generated by the build process
> > kjsembed/kjsembed/global.h  <- svn
> >

> > Because the naming is incorrect, these files are not
> > global they are only visible in their "include-space",
> > I propose the rename them.
>
> How so? kio/global.h is always included as such and the same for kjs - not
> sure about kjsembed, but it shouldn't matter at all.
>
> So where is your problem?

It works, but it's not nice. I already wanted to write basically the same
email. It only works if the include directories are given correctly,
otherwise it will include the wrong global.h and the compiler will produce
errors, but not that it didn't find the header.

I'd suggest to rename them to something like kjs-global.h and kio-global.h .
Especially now that we have svn :-)

Bye