How to execute a perl script when we call "make install" (cmake)

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Mar 3 15:36:14 CET 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 15:15, Brad King wrote:
> Laurent Montel wrote:
> > For kdelibs/kdoctools we must install a lot of files.
> > Before we used (into Makefile) a bash script
> > But now we requires perl so I added a perl script to install them.
> > But now I don't know call it when we install
> > Could you help me ?
>
> There are two approaches:
>
> 1.) Use the INSTALL command's SCRIPT form to specify a CMake script to
> invoke during installation.  Write the script with the EXECUTE_PROCESS
> command to invoke the perl script.

For me it will better (1)
My command is just "perl install-docbook-file.pl"
We must generate a cmake script for calling it ?
 is "INSTALL( SCRIPT ${PERL_EXECUTABLE} install-docbook-file.pl )" correct ?
or I must create an other cmake file to add a cmake macro

> 2.) Use CMake to install the files.  You should be able to collect the
> set using the FILE command's GLOB option.  I can provide more details if
> you need help.

I don't sure that we can do it (perhaps :) )
I add my script to install files.

Regards