How to execute a perl script when we call "make install" (cmake)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Mar 3 15:15:19 CET 2006

Laurent Montel wrote:
> For kdelibs/kdoctools we must install a lot of files.
> Before we used (into Makefile) a bash script
> But now we requires perl so I added a perl script to install them.
> But now I don't know call it when we install
> Could you help me ?

There are two approaches:

1.) Use the INSTALL command's SCRIPT form to specify a CMake script to
invoke during installation.  Write the script with the EXECUTE_PROCESS
command to invoke the perl script.

2.) Use CMake to install the files.  You should be able to collect the
set using the FILE command's GLOB option.  I can provide more details if
you need help.

-Brad