help with CMake on win32

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Feb 7 17:19:52 CET 2006

Brad King wrote:
> Peter Kümmel wrote:
>> we need a kdewin32 before the configure process starts, because
>> kdewin32 exports many checked functions to kdelibs.
>>
>> So we have somehow to get kdewin32 build befor the configure
>> processs starts.
>
> If kdewin32 provides certain functions then there is no need to do a
> try-compile to test for them.  We know we are using the library and that
> it provides the functions.
>
> In the case that we are building kdewin32 then the try-compile results
> should just be hard-coded to true for the functions provided.  I think
> this is what ConfigureChecksWin is supposed to do, but it should be
> included BEFORE the checks so that they are not done at all.
>
> -Brad

But if we use ConfigureChecksWin then we have to adjust it manually
which is very error prone, there will be also changes to kdewin in future.

I would prefer some form of kdewin-pre-build.
Maybe by some IFs in the CMakefiles or by calling a additional
CMakefile for building kdewin before the configure process starts.

Peter