help with CMake on win32

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 7 17:11:20 CET 2006

Peter Kümmel wrote:
> we need a kdewin32 before the configure process starts, because
> kdewin32 exports many checked functions to kdelibs.
>
> So we have somehow to get kdewin32 build befor the configure
> processs starts.

If kdewin32 provides certain functions then there is no need to do a
try-compile to test for them.  We know we are using the library and that
it provides the functions.

In the case that we are building kdewin32 then the try-compile results
should just be hard-coded to true for the functions provided.  I think
this is what ConfigureChecksWin is supposed to do, but it should be
included BEFORE the checks so that they are not done at all.

-Brad