cmake hype?

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:34:21 CET 2006

> I am a little bit surprized: why are KDE developers
> suddenly so eager to use other platforms than the
> existing ones ?

I've encountered differing views on this, but noone is going to
convince me that opening up KDE software to millions of new developers
can possibly be a bad thing. I'm not expecting a paradigm shift in the
Windows/Mac worlds, but if even a very very small portion of people on
different platforms find KDE apps that they like and start submitting
patches to I think that would be absolutely wonderful.

The way I'm looking at it: A new buildsystem is something that was
going to be done *anyway*. Qt4 is designed to run on different
platforms *already*. It seems to me that the potential gain of basic
Windows/Mac support so far surpasses the amount of effort required
that I can't believe everybody isn't clamouring to get this done.