dashboard errors on linux

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Dec 31 11:34:05 CET 2006

On Sunday 31 December 2006 01:18, you wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >
> >So Qt 4.2.1 isn't good enough anymore ?
>
> It's never been. You should always apply the patches.

So we require tracking qt-copy which requires a lot of time to recompile it
correctly (at least on my system svn up; make; doesn't work, it doesn't seem
to rebuild everything it should, I always do a fresh build), but we cannot
require our developers to update cmake more often than 6 months after the
version has been released ?

Can this please at least be announced when qt-copy is required ?
I really thought Qt >= 4.2.0 would be good enough.

This is at least for me a major problem, the maybe two hours I have everyday
would be completely used up by recompiling Qt.
Either I fix some problem, or I spend the time recompiling Qt :-/
I also can remember some posts or blogs like "the new kubuntu is an ideal KDE4
development platform since it comes with Qt 4.something and cmake 2.4.3" and
the same for SUSE 10.2. So this is void already again ?

Bye