CMake: please update to 2.4.0

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Apr 24 19:10:09 CEST 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 10:45, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Saturday, 22. April 2006 22:17, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > It will be required for compiling kdelibs from trunk in a few days.
>
> Could you tell me why exactly, please? Is there some new feature in cmake
> 2.4.0 that requires the version update?

better support for commands which generate more than one output file
-better handling of link directories
-added support for system to cmake and cmake to system variables list
conversion -> this is what I'd like to use in some FindFoo.cmake files.
-it's the beta for the next stable cmake release

and other things.

> I'm just asking because it took me more than 3 weeks to get KDE trunk
> compiling with the coverity scanner, and I don't want to spend another 3
> weeks on waiting until they could find time to update their cmake
> installation.

That's an argument. How do they work ? Do they update KDE from svn regularly ?

Bye