kdeinit modules and GUI/NOGUI

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Apr 23 23:09:57 CEST 2006

On Sunday 23 April 2006 21:11, David Faure wrote:
> I just tried running kde apps on Mac OS and while most run, they can't be
> focused, probably because they don't have a bundle. Most apps are indeed
> kdeinit modules, and those don't have a bundle right now. This was easy to
> add unconditionally, but then I found out that not all kdeinit modules are
> gui - for instance dcopserver and klauncher are programs launched by
> kdeinit automatically, but they should be NOGUI. Not sure if there are
> more, but well.
>
> This kinds of defeats the idea of merging kdeinit support into the
> GUI/NOGUI/RUN_UNINSTALLED argument, since we need KDEINIT with GUI by
> default, and KDEINIT+NOGUI.
>
> Alex, what do you think? Should we support two special args (I guess that's
> messy to do?), or should we have KDEINIT and KDEINIT_NOGUI?

Easier to do with cmake:
KDE4_ADD_EXECUTABLE( name [NOGUI | RUN_UNINSTALLED | RUN_UNINSTALLED_NOGUI |
KDEINIT | KDEINIT_NOGUI ] source1 ... sourceN)

easier to use:

KDE4_ADD_EXECUTABLE( name [NOGUI ] [ RUN_UNINSTALLED ] [ KDEINIT ] source1 ...
sourceN)

Do actually all combinations make sense ? Do we need RUN_UNINSTALLED for
kdeinit apps ?

Maybe it's actually easier to keep add_kde4_executable() and
kde4_add_kdeinit_executable() separated.

This would give:

KDE4_ADD_EXECUTABLE( name [NOGUI ] [ RUN_UNINSTALLED ] source1 ... sourceN)
KDE4_ADD_KDEINIT_EXECUTABLE( name [NOGUI ] [ RUN_UNINSTALLED ] source1 ...
sourceN)

Bye