Cannot compile kdelibs4_snapshot

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Apr 11 18:12:38 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 16:41, Brad King wrote:

> This was fixed in CMake CVS on 2006-03-30.  It no longer attempts to
> use relative paths between the source and build trees.  Relative
> paths are only safe between directories both contained in the source
> tree or both contained in the build tree.  The basic problem is that
> some tools treat ".." with respect to the current logical working
> directory and others lookup the directory entry on disk.

Ok, is the current CMake CVS useful to compile KDE? The recommended is
what I have (20060317). Anyway, the CVS version of CMake does not
compile. While running ./bootstrap:
g++ -I/data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Source
-I/data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Bootstrap.cmk
-c /data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Source/cmBootstrapCommands.cxx
-o cmBootstrapCommands.o
/data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Source/cmFileCommand.cxx: In
member function ‘bool cmFileCommand::HandleGlobCommand(const
std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >&, bool)’:
/data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Source/cmFileCommand.cxx:232:
error: ‘class cmsys::Glob’ has no member named ‘SetRelative’
gmake: *** [cmBootstrapCommands.o] Error 1
Error when bootstrapping CMake:
Problem while running gmake
Log of
errors: /data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Bootstrap.cmk/cmake_bootstrap.log

Andras