Cannot compile kdelibs4_snapshot

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Tue Apr 11 18:28:21 CEST 2006

At 12:12 PM 4/11/2006, Andras Mantia wrote:
>On Tuesday 11 April 2006 16:41, Brad King wrote:
>
>> This was fixed in CMake CVS on 2006-03-30.  It no longer attempts to
>> use relative paths between the source and build trees.  Relative
>> paths are only safe between directories both contained in the source
>> tree or both contained in the build tree.  The basic problem is that
>> some tools treat ".." with respect to the current logical working
>> directory and others lookup the directory entry on disk.
>
>Ok, is the current CMake CVS useful to compile KDE? The recommended is
>what I have (20060317). Anyway, the CVS version of CMake does not
>compile. While running ./bootstrap:
>g++ -I/data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Source
>-I/data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Bootstrap.cmk
>-c /data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Source/cmBootstrapCommands.cxx
>-o cmBootstrapCommands.o
>/data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Source/cmFileCommand.cxx: In
>member function ‘bool cmFileCommand::HandleGlobCommand(const
>std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
>std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,
>std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >&, bool)’:
>/data/development/sources/kde-trunk/CMake/Source/cmFileCommand.cxx:232:
>error: ‘class cmsys::Glob’ has no member named ‘SetRelative’
>gmake: *** [cmBootstrapCommands.o] Error 1

I just tried here, and it works, perhaps if you created a clean build tree
for CMake it would work for you.  rm -rf Bootstrap.cmk.   Or better yet,
use an out of source build for CMake.  To do that you will need a fresh
checkout of the source with no build files in it.

The recommended version will work, but does not handle symbolic links as
described in this email.  The current CVS is not tested to work with KDE,
but should work.

-Bill