Cannot compile kdelibs4_snapshot

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Apr 11 10:39:05 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 10:48, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I experience an error when compiling the snapshot. I saw similar
> errors in the past that gone away when cleaning the svn source. Now
> with a cleaned source dir and a new build dir, I get the following
> error: -- Build files have been written to:
> /data2/kde4/build/kdelibs4_snapshot make[2]: *** No rule to make
> target
> `../../../../data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdelibs4_snapshot/dco
>p/dcopstub.cpp', needed by
> `dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/depend.make.mark'.  Stop. make[1]: ***
> [dcop/CMakeFiles/DCOP.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> CMake is:
> cmake version 2.3-20060317

Ok, seems to be a cmake error when dealing with symlinks.
I have the following two partitions:
/dev/sda2 on /media/extra/data type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda8 on /data type reiserfs (rw)

I also have a link from /data2 to /media/extra/data so I can
access /dev/sda2 more easily.
The sources are on /dev/hda8 (/data), while the build directory is
on /dev/sda2 (/media/extra/data) as that is an "extra" hard disk with
more free space.

If I run cmake and make from /data2/kde4/build/kdelibs4_snapshot I get
the above error.

If I run cmake and make from /media/extra/data/data/kde4/build I get no
error.
As you can see they are the same folders, accessed by different ways.

Andras