changes how Qt4 is found in trunk/kdelibs/

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Wed Apr 5 22:27:27 CEST 2006

At 02:58 PM 4/5/2006, you wrote:
>William A. Hoffman wrote:
>>Well, it is not installed on any of those machines that I have access
>> to.
>
>One example:
># uname -a
>SunOS mimir 5.9 Generic_117171-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1500
># pkg-config --version
>0.14.0
># which pkg-config
>/usr/bin/pkg-config

Counter examples:

kitware at dashsun1 $ uname -a                                                                                             ~
SunOS dashsun1 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1500
kitware at dashsun1 $  pkg-config                                                                                          ~
zsh: command not found: pkg-config
kitware at destiny $ uname -a                                                                                              ~
HP-UX destiny B.10.20 A 9000/785 2001165567 two-user license
kitware at destiny $ pkg-config                                                                                            ~
zsh: command not found: pkg-config

laserX 1% uname -a
IRIX64 laserX 6.5 01062343 IP35
laserX 2% pkg-config
pkg-config: Command not found.

$ uname -a
HP-UX heart B.11.11 U 9000/800 617309316 unlimited-user license
$ pkg-config
ksh: pkg-config:  not found

I did find it on a university IRIX machine, but I am guessing it did not
come with it.   I do not think it is a default tool that ship from
the manufacturer.

-Bill