changes how Qt4 is found in trunk/kdelibs/

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:11:27 CEST 2006

On 4/5/06, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> William A. Hoffman wrote:
> >Well, it is not installed on any of those machines that I have access
> > to.
>
> One example:
> # uname -a
> SunOS mimir 5.9 Generic_117171-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1500
> # pkg-config --version
> 0.14.0
> # which pkg-config
> /usr/bin/pkg-config

Is that shipped by default, or was it installed later?

> Besides, as Simon pointed out, the fact that you're building KDE makes you
> probably want pkg-config as well, since we will probably find kdelibs
> with pkg-config.

But, realize that cmake can also build Qt programs that don't
have anything to do with KDE.  In that case, where the programs
don't need pkg-config this seems like a needless extra requirement.
Having qmake report everything seems like a much more elegant
solution in that there's one less program you need to depend upon
since we are talking about the FindQt4.cmake script.

I also had no idea of the PKG_CONFIG_PATH before reading it
here.

Cheers,
Tanner
--