scons and LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sat Nov 26 19:54:36 CET 2005

On Saturday 26 November 2005 12:24, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Today i've been having a look at scons and it's files and i've found
>
> [kdesvn at localhost kdelibs4]$ grep -ri LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED *
> kjs/.svn/text-base/SConscript.svn-base:if
> env.has_key("LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED"): kjs/SConscript:if
> env.has_key("LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED"):
>
> and inside kjs/SConscript we have
>
> if env.has_key("LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED"):
>         obj.uselib += 'PCRE'
>         obj.cxxflags += ' -DHAVE_PCREPOSIX '
>

> Isn't that wrong? I mean it seems to check for a environment variable
> called LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED to enable pcre into kjs.
>
> Any tip? I'm reading that completely wrong? is that if wrong and should be
> replaced with something else like using something we define in
> bksys/libpcre.py?
>
> Albert

Keep in mind that it's looking to see if the scons environment has a key
called LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED and not the standard user environment variables,
so it's not completely wrong, but changing the check in libpcre.py so that it
creates a config-libpcre.h that defines HAVE_LIBPCRE to 1 if pcre is
available would be better.

Hope this helps
--
Matt