scons and LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Nov 26 21:00:18 CET 2005

Albert Astals Cid schrieb:

>Today i've been having a look at scons and it's files and i've found
>
>[kdesvn at localhost kdelibs4]$ grep -ri LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED *
>kjs/.svn/text-base/SConscript.svn-base:if env.has_key("LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED"):
>kjs/SConscript:if env.has_key("LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED"):
>
>and inside kjs/SConscript we have
>
>if env.has_key("LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED"):
>        obj.uselib += 'PCRE'
>        obj.cxxflags += ' -DHAVE_PCREPOSIX '
>

>Isn't that wrong? I mean it seems to check for a environment variable called
>LIBPCRE_ISCONFIGURED to enable pcre into kjs.
>
>Any tip? I'm reading that completely wrong? is that if wrong and should be
>replaced with something else like using something we define in
>bksys/libpcre.py?
>
>Albert

This isn't wrong, but does not follow the mostly used way using
CACHED_<package_name> (in this case CACHED_PCRE).
I have updated the related parts just a few hour ago in svn.

The related part in ksj/Sconscript looks now:

if env.has_key("CACHED_PCRE") and env["CACHED_PCRE"]:
        obj.uselib += ' PCRE'

Ralf