Commercial Linux software

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 16:16:49 CET 2011

I agree with your stance there 100%, however I believe that all should come
in due time. To be perfectly honest we don't really have anything there yet.
All that happened so far is we (all distros, KDE, and GNOME people) came
together and discussed a possibility of having a semi-universal
app-distribution system. Moreover we actually agreed on having one :D But
all it was is just words for now, and one semi-functional proof of concept
app. I think (and most would agree with me here) we should implement the
system first, make sure it works as intended, start promoting it, and then
start thinking about extending it in such a complicated manner as are
legals, licensing, payment structure/system and so on.
However we still may at least discuss what is/might be needed to
implement/facilitate such a system. So why won't we do that for starters?

Best Regards,

Eugene Trounev

[it-s]