[Kde-bindings] Automated translation for non-C++ code in official git repo

Robert Riemann robert.riemann at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Sep 18 12:10:06 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, 18. September 2011, 14:02:56 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Dissabte, 17 de setembre de 2011, Robert Riemann vàreu escriure:
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi
>
> > I'm the developer of kubeplayer
> > (https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/multimedia/kubeplayer).
> >
> > I would like to know if there is already a workflow/introduced toolchain
> > to handle automated translations for non-C++ source code in our official
> > git repo.
> >
> > kubeplayer is a project based on ruby. As txgettext wasn't capable
> > to handle ruby code, I created an own tool two year ago.
> > https://github.com/saLOUt/KDEgettext.rb
>
> Does this create a valid .po[t] file?

Executing kdegettext.rb **/*.rb > kubeplayer.pot in my project home generates
this attached file. I think it should be fine.

In the case the pot file is not valid, we can still fix this. kdegettext.rb is
a rather small project: one file with less than 300 lines of code. Should be
easy to add stuff or fix something.

Robert