[Kde-bindings] Automated translation for non-C++ code in official git repo

Robert Riemann robert.riemann at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Sep 17 21:50:55 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm the developer of kubeplayer
(https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/multimedia/kubeplayer).

I would like to know if there is already a workflow/introduced toolchain to
handle automated translations for non-C++ source code in our official git
repo.

kubeplayer is a project based on ruby. As txgettext wasn't capable
to handle ruby code, I created an own tool two year ago.
https://github.com/saLOUt/KDEgettext.rb

I'm aware, that there are only few ruby-based KDE applications (Do you know
another one ;) ). But maybe usage would increasing, once other languages get
first-class support, too.

Kind regards,
Robert