[Kde-bindings] Qyoto help

Richard Dale richard.dale at telefonica.net
Wed Sep 8 17:50:51 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 06:22:24 pm Arno Rehn wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 September 2010 14:21:03 Timóteo Ramos wrote:
> > Since 1 month before I read a topic from Mono Brasil talking about KDE
> > Bindings, something like help request for PHPQt and Qyoto.
> >
> > How can I help you? I'm interested to help Qyoto bindings. My first
> > impressions with Qyoto are a little issue with uics, that threats the
> > first line (<?xml version="1.0"...) as a common tag and throws an error
> > like "invalid Qt Designer version", I was forced to remove this line
> > from XML and the uics read my XML correctly. In general, this binding is
> > very nice, I want to help.
>
> Great! :) We really do need help for the bindings.
> There are a few things to do:
> 1. Fix uics. It's probably best to start completely anew with the original
> uic since there have been quite some changes, code-wise. The task would be
> to make uic output C# code, instead of C++ code.
>
> 2. Finishing touches to assemblygen and merging with kdebindings trunk.
> Assemblygen is a tool that I've started on gitorious [0] which generates a
> Qyoto-based .NET assembly from a SMOKE library. It's nearly finished and
> just needs more rules for the various libraries. It can then be merged
> into kdebindings trunk. This should probably be done after the move to git
> - it's easier then.
>
> 3. Merge the changes from assemblygen/Qyoto into qyoto trunk. I've done
> some changes to the Qyoto version that assemblygen builds upon. They make
> marshalling of primitive types much easier. These changes need to be
> merged before or together with assemblygen itself.
Maybe we should regenerate the Qyoto C# sources with kalyptus for Qt 4.7 and
check into kdebindings to keep the project going? Otherwise, if it takes us
some time to get Qt 4.7 working with assemblygen more people will think the
project is no longer active? I'm not sure, I think we need to hype the project
a bit more. To me the time to move to assemblygen is when we have moved kde-
bindings to git and we can import assemblygen from gitorious into the KDE git
repo as a self contained git project.