[Kde-bindings] Re: Qyoto

James Mansion james at mansionfamily.plus.com
Fri Oct 15 20:14:27 UTC 2010

Richard Dale wrote:
> Neither of us 'do Windows' and so the project really needs some kind of
> 'Windows heavy lifter' to handle the Windows porting and bug fixing that a lot
> of people are requesting.

I'm not sure I'd be able to help since I'm having more than enough
trouble finding
time for my own projects, but I'd note that an initial hurdle would be
to make it
more apparent that 'the Qyoto team' is actually welcoming of those of
who with
no particular interest in KDE (as distinct from an interest in
delivering too platforms
that Qt supports).

I certainly haven't had that impression from Arno, though it might be
that a raw 'I don't
care about what you care about' is just not welcoming.  As a project, it
doesn't reach
out to Windows devs.

Where would a Windows effort place documentation and discussion?

Would it be feasible to have a presence on CodePlex, for example?  Or
CodeProject?

James