[Kde-bindings] Compiling smoke on Windows

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Wed May 5 04:59:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Elliott Slaughter <
elliottslaughter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 12:40 AM, David Lichteblau <david at lichteblau.com>wrote:
>
>> I cannot help you with the MinGW problem that you are seeing, but note
>> that I've started using Visual C++ instead of MinGW, and I have not had
>> any compilation problems with that.
>>
>> Perhaps the MinGW procedure should also work, but overall I found
>> building with Visual C++ to be fabulously easy compared to my earlier
>> MinGW-based attempt with last year's versions, so I'm not trying to
>> support MinGW in CommonQt at the moment.
>>

> I guess it's time to go download MSVC. So much for free compilers <sigh>.
>
> My versions are Qt 4.6.2, Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition, CommonQt
>> at least 26313613 (but ideally HEAD), kdebindings rev 1064293, and
>> Clozure 1.3.

Well, I just installed Visual Studio 2008, and I'm getting compile errors :(

It seems that every single smoke module generates the following error:

.\smokedata.cpp(49) : error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size
0

And the offending lines in smokedata.cpp are

static Smoke::Method methods[] = {
};

which is indeed an empty array.

I'm using VS 2008 Pro, kdebindings rev 1064293, and Qt 4.6.2 (VS 2008
version), which if should be more-or-less identical to your build platform.

Perhaps there is a problem in the way I'm hacking my CMakeList.txt to make
this build? I have attached the patch I'm using so you can inspect it if you
like.

Thanks.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay