[Kde-bindings] Compiling smoke on Windows

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Wed May 5 00:14:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 12:40 AM, David Lichteblau <david at lichteblau.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Elliott Slaughter (elliottslaughter at gmail.com):
> > I'm on Windows 7 using MSYS with MinGW 5.1.3 (GCC 3.4.5), Qt 4.6.1, and
> > CMake 2.8.
>
> is it still CommonQt you are interested in here?

CommonQt or cl-smoke, whichever I get working :-)

I cannot help you with the MinGW problem that you are seeing, but note
> that I've started using Visual C++ instead of MinGW, and I have not had
> any compilation problems with that.
>
> Perhaps the MinGW procedure should also work, but overall I found
> building with Visual C++ to be fabulously easy compared to my earlier
> MinGW-based attempt with last year's versions, so I'm not trying to
> support MinGW in CommonQt at the moment.

I guess it's time to go download MSVC. So much for free compilers <sigh>.

My versions are Qt 4.6.2, Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition, CommonQt
> at least 26313613 (but ideally HEAD), kdebindings rev 1064293, and
> Clozure 1.3.
>
> I'll try to make a tarball of smokeqt*.dll and commonqt.dll later this
> week.

That would be appreciated (this whole business is a lot of trouble than I
think most people are willing to endure).

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay