[Kde-bindings] Compiling smoke on Windows

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Tue May 4 07:40:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

Quoting Elliott Slaughter (elliottslaughter at gmail.com):
> I'm on Windows 7 using MSYS with MinGW 5.1.3 (GCC 3.4.5), Qt 4.6.1, and
> CMake 2.8.

is it still CommonQt you are interested in here?

I cannot help you with the MinGW problem that you are seeing, but note
that I've started using Visual C++ instead of MinGW, and I have not had
any compilation problems with that.

Perhaps the MinGW procedure should also work, but overall I found
building with Visual C++ to be fabulously easy compared to my earlier
MinGW-based attempt with last year's versions, so I'm not trying to
support MinGW in CommonQt at the moment.

My versions are Qt 4.6.2, Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition, CommonQt
at least 26313613 (but ideally HEAD), kdebindings rev 1064293, and
Clozure 1.3.

I'll try to make a tarball of smokeqt*.dll and commonqt.dll later this
week.

d.