[Kde-bindings] How to properly install new generator?

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Mon Feb 1 19:04:11 UTC 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010 12:45:09 Richard Dale wrote:
> On Friday 29 January 2010 10:52:19 pm Arno Rehn wrote:
> > On Friday 29 January 2010 23:43:12 Melton, Ryan wrote:
> > > After compiling the new kdebindings generator, what is the proper
> > > command or procedure to install it? Thanks,
> > > Ryan
> >
> > It's not yet intended to be installed.
>
> Well I think it's quite important that we install it for KDE 4.4 because
> for KDE 4.5 we want to encourage everyone to create smoke libraries in
> their own KDE svn modules. If we don't install the generator that will
> make that plan more complicated.
>
> If we want to install it I think it needs a more distinctive name that
> 'generator'. For example:
>
> kgenerator
> smokegen
> smokegenerator
> smokeapigen
Maybe something like kwrappergenerator? I don't really want to have "smoke" in
the name, but something more distinctive than only "generator".
We should also install the various config.xml files, because they can be used
across projects. Anything that sits on top of kdecore can just use the
provided kdecore-config.xml and add options as needed.

arno at arnorehn.de